Red Eye Knight
|Enemy Type||Melee Knight|
Red Eye Knight is an Enemy in Demon's Souls and Demon's Souls Remake. Enemies have their own behavior and unique attacks, killing enemies provide various drops that reward players with items and souls.
The Red Eye Knight is a stronger variation of the Blue Eye Knight. They are more dangerous and lethal than the Blue Eye Knight.
Shield and Spear
- Running attack that ends in a thrust.
- Winding overhead thrust.
- Spear thrusts with shield raised.
- Dangerous running spear attack with shield raised, will hit multiple times.
- Does a guard breaking shield bash that will deplete stamina.
- Running attack that ends in a fast slash.
- Combo: Three vertical slashes and ends with a powerful overhead attack.
- Also does the overhead attack as a separate move.
These knights are a huge pain in the ass early in the game, and will easily kill you in 1 - 2 hits. The benefit of killing them is that they is worth 2500 - 3100 souls each kill. If you get good at it, this will help you increase attributes.
Start out by letting him charge you and retreat out through that room out by the trebuchets. This will provide you with two important things, one you can easily get him caught behind a trebuchet so you can heal if he gets a glancing hit on you, and two is if you die (which you probably will the first few times) is you can easily recover your souls. then let him hit you while blocking with your shield, if you have a heavy shield he will bounce back and be stunned momentarily, this is your chance to attack using a power R2 attack. ONLY ATTACK WHEN HE IS STUNNED OR USING GRASS.
They have one attack that no amount of blocking will help you with, when they raise their shield to shield bash you, back up, or else they will stun you, then skewer your ass. If you mess up during this fight even once you will probably fail. If you're brave, you can try to Parry this attack though, since it has that nice slow wind-up. A Riposte critical can be one of the quickest ways to kill him.
If you happen to be a magic user though, you can keep spamming Soul Arrow and backing up. Two shots will break their guard, and the third will usually deal about 180 damage. Repeat this about three times, and even a Soul Level 1 Royal can defeat him.
These enemies also block the way to the Royal Boletaria Mausoleum where Old King Doran resides. If you manage to beat him you will obtain a handful of rare items and some VERY good light armor. Keep in mind that he is very powerful and should be dealt with later on in your game.
- Another strategy to beat them later game is to get right up in their faces and trigger their shield bash attack. While they are recovering, immediately hit them multiple times until they have recovered. If you are using a large sword or hammer like Meat Cleaver, you can finish them in 1-2 hits. If not, then keep baiting the shield bash, and only attack when they are using grass or they are recovering.
Notes & Trivia
- Notes and tips goes here...
- Other notes, tips, and trivia go here.