Prisoners are enemies in Demon's Souls, primarily residing within the Tower of Latria. Most are generally docile, although their tendency to swarm around the player and hamper mobility is problematic. They will also occasionally punch the player for minor physical damage.
A few, however, are armed and will attack the player on sight; knife-wielding prisoners attack with a charging stab that can inflict poison, but the two spear-wielders are merely hard to reach, being located behind iron bars. All varieties uncommonly drop shards of Mercurystone or Moonstone, or Royal or Widow's Lotus upon death.
- They will punch you if ignored for too long
- Some will slash with a Dagger, with a chance of poisoning
- A large group can be a danger as an obstruction, especially if you're fleeing from a more dangerous enemy.
- Prisoners wielding weapons sometimes hide among the harmless weaponless ones.
- Some dagger wielding Prisoners hide in Iron Maidens and will inflict Poison.
- Some Prisoners are stuck in pots and cannot do anything until released (hitting the pot).
Notes & Trivia
- It is possible that some of the unarmed Prisoners have a special AI, since some will never punch you and others will punch you very rarely