|Enemy Type||Melee Enemy|
|Weakness||All damage types|
Shadowlurker is an Enemy in Demon's Souls.
- Diagonal sweeping attack with its right "arm" (player's left) with a long wind-up. Follows up with a similar attack with its left "arm".
- Raises both "arms" and sweeps both down diagonally in a "cross" motion.
- Respawns endlessly until the reaper of the immediate area is killed.
- Melee attacks are similar with regular Shadowlurkers.
- Has a 120-degree sweeping beam attack that does heavy magic damage. Starts from the player's left and sweeps to the right. The beam originates from its "head", so while it does bend its body a little lower, players directly in front of the Shadowlurker can avoid being hit.
- Invisible most of the time. Becomes visible during any of its attacks, then disappears once more, leaving behind a brief wisp of light where its eyes were.
- Typically opens the encounter with a two-"armed" thrust attack. Will deal bonus damage to the player if the attack hits the player from the back. Very long range, but very narrow.
- Very fast, long range thrust attack with either "arm".
- Emits a faint giggling sound.
- This type of Shadowlurker, as opposed to the others, will not die once the Reaper is killed.
The blue-light ones are limited to melee attacks and are fairly weak. Simply run up to them and attack with your favored melee weapon. They telegraph all of their attacks at least a full second in advance, so just back up a bit. Their movement speed is quite slow, and they only speed up a bit when attacked, so control the range to your advantage.
The purple-light ones have a long range, sweeping, magic beam attack (raise a good magic defense shield to survive it). Try to get within melee range as soon as possible to treat them like the blue-light versions, just with more HP. Once you are in melee range they will do a few swings left then right and then a 2-arm bear hug move. Once they start the wide sweep with a beam they won't change the aim point, so if you can change your vertical level (up or down) you can probably avoid getting hit by it at all.
Lastly, look out for the slinky female Shadowlurkers. While you only encounter 3 of them, in the same area by the second Reaper, they are invisible until they make their first attack— a special assassination strike that can kill you. The first appears when you walk past the spot where the Reaper spawned. She appears behind you and stalks you (when you pick up the item - dagger). Turn back around when you hear the giggling and hold your shield up. Fight her like a regular Shadowlurker after she strikes your shield. The other 2 have laid a trap for you. In the small side room before the fog, with the natural rock bars, are two dead bodies with items. These items are merely Crescent Moon Grass. If you try to collect them, these 2 spawn behind you and attack. Ignore the items and move on, or take their bait and just raise your shield until both have made their 'killing strike' and have become visible, then fight them normally. Even though they are invisible, you can tell if there are any nearby if you hear female laughter.
Note: It can be useful to look at the ground beneath them; their feet are visible when they walk, and can aid you in judging distance(male lurker only).
Notes & Trivia
Bearbug ♦ Black Skeleton ♦ Blue Eye Knight ♦ Boletaria Soldier ♦ Depraved One ♦ Dog ♦ Dregling ♦ Fat Official ♦ Fire Lizard ♦ Flying Bearbug ♦ Gargoyle ♦ Giant Bearbug ♦ Giant Depraved One ♦ Giant Man Centipede ♦ Giant Mosquito ♦ Giant Tick ♦ Gold Skeleton ♦ Hawk ♦ Hoplite ♦ Imperial Spy ♦ Large Bearbug ♦ Man Centipede ♦ Mind Flayer ♦ Phosphorescent Slug ♦ Plague Baby ♦ Poison Jelly ♦ Prisoner ♦ Prisoner Horde ♦ Rat ♦ Reaper ♦ Red Eye Knight ♦ Rock Worm ♦ Scale Miners ♦ Silver Skeleton ♦ Storm Beast