New Game Plus is a feature of Demon's Souls and Demon's Souls Remake, wherein once the Final Boss is defeated, players have the option of replaying the game with their current stats and gear. After the credits, the players will head straight into the next playthrough. Consecutive playthroughs bring new challenges as enemies have increased health and damage.
New Game + in Demon's Souls
Changes with Game Plus
- Enemies have more hit points, and deal increased damage.
- There are an unlimited number of NG+, but enemies stop getting stronger after a certain number (believed to be from NG+5)
- Enemies grant more souls on kill. (Soul consumable items still give the same amount)
What carries over to New Game Plus
- Soul Level and Stats.
- Character and World Tendency.
- Demon's Souls.
- All Consumables and Upgrade Stones.
- All Weapons, Armor and Shields.
- All Spells (Miracle and Magic Spells)
What doesn't carry over to New Game Plus
- All Key items.
- Unlocked shortcuts.
- All NPC states (i.e. NPC quest progression resets, dead NPCs come back to life, NPC invaders will invade again, etc.).
To-do Checklist before New Game Plus
- Defeat all Bosses and Mini-Bosses.
- Do the Mephistopheles Quests.
- Kill off NPCs to obtain their equipments and souls. (This is not recommended for inexperienced as your Character Tendency does not reset going into NG+ and Pure Black tendency you'll get from killing NPCs comes with a number of negative effects to the user.)
- Obtain Pure Faintstone.
- Obtain the Northern Regalia (Demonbrandt from Old King Doran and Soulbrandt from King Allant, Blacksmith Ed will be able to forge the two weapons together into Northern Regalia)
- Weapon Upgrades.
- Get all of the tradable items from Sparkly the Crow.
- Collect all of the Demon's Souls available.
- You won't be able to increase your soul level once The Maiden in Black unlocks the passage under the Nexus. This means that the next time you'll be able to increase your soul level again is when you defeat Phalanx on your next playthrough.(This also means that if you have a large amount of souls after the 1st playthrough, you will have to do your best not to die twice before defeating Phalanx again.)