Demon's Souls is an action role-playing game developed by FromSoftware, under supervision by SCE Japan Studio, for the PlayStation 3.
Set in a dark fantasy world, players take control of a hero who has journeyed to the fictional kingdom of Boletaria, which is being ravaged by a cursed fog that brings forth demons who feast on the souls of mortals. The game was described as a spiritual successor to the King's Field series of games. The gameplay involves a character-creation system and emphasizes gathering loot through combat with enemies in a non-linear series of varied locations. It has a unique online multiplayer system integrated into the single-player where players can leave useful messages and warnings for other players' single-player game worlds, as well as joining other players in their world to assist and/or kill them.
- Jointly Developed by From Software and SIE Japan Studio (Sony Interactive Entertainment)
- The title is a Playstation 3 exclusive and is published by Sony Interactive Entertainment.
- High degree of difficulty.
- The objective is to give players a challenge that is rewarding when met.
- Difficulty is something anyone can overcome through observation, strategy and choice.
- Aiming to provide freedom for the player character.
- Refreshing "learn from your mistakes" theme for the game.
- The analogy for the game is: "Something spicy, but that anyone can enjoy". Whilst happy that the game had international appeal, no special intentions to cater to their tastes. From Software does not feel confident designing based on market data, so they will instead compete by creating a great game.
- Players will die repeatedly, From Software bets its pride on it.
Demon's Souls デモンズソウル
|Release Date||Sony Interactive Entertainment (JP) February 2009, Atlus (NA) October 2009, Namco Bandai Games (EU) 2010|
|Price||29.99 USD 4,700 Yen|
|Publisher||From Software (Japan) & SIE Japan Studio|
|Wiki Info||The works in this wiki are a collaboration of Japanese and International players to bring the best information, strategies, hints and tips for this game. Everyone is welcome to join and contribute information or simply chat, check our discussion forums and chat room to share tips.|