Ostrava, of Boletaria (Black Phantom) is a Black Phantom in Demon's Souls and in Demon's Souls Remake. Black Phantoms are extremely powerful variants of Enemies or Npcs encountered throughout the game. They can also be another Online player who has invaded your world and attempts to kill you.
Ostrava, of Boletaria (Black Phantom) Location
Ostrava, of Boletaria (Black Phantom) Combat Information
Ostrava, of Boletaria (Black Phantom) Strategies
Co-op with Biorr
- Kill the Blue Dragon quickly enough to save Biorr. After the dragon is dead get Black Phantom Ostrava to notice you and make him follow you outside. Biorr will attack Black Phantom Ostrava for massive damage (4-5 hits), but Black Phantom Ostrava will refuse to fight Biorr either turning around and walking slowly or just stand still.
- Take care, Ostrava's heavy combos are pretty dangerous.
- Black Phantom Ostrava will sometimes roll under pressure in melee combat; this can be used to your advantage if he is fought on the long bridge where he spawns. Dealing adequate damage in melee while the player and Ostrava are facing in nearly any direction not parallel to the bridge has the potential to cause him to roll to his doom. Be wary, however, as this can sometimes result in his armaments not spawning properly on load.
Super Cheap Melee
- In Boletarian Palace after rescuing him, if you attack him he will ask you to stop. If you let him walk away and attack him again, he'll ask you to stop again without becoming hostile. You can take advantage of this: backstab him, wait that he walks away and backstab him again. Rinse and repeat until he dies and enjoy your loots. Also works in 1-3 after he is rescued from the knights.
- Use Poison Cloud as he runs up to you. You can either circle him until he dies or use Fire Spray to speed up said process.
- Ostrava will keep up the pressure as long as he still draws breath, so the only reliable ranged strategy requires you to keep backtracking, and depending on whether you killed it, Ostrava may simply die to the Blue Dragon breath while you clear distance.
- If you shoot Black Phantom Ostrava from the start of the bridge, he will jog in a straight line for you without holding his shield up. If you stand still and continue to shoot him with arrows, it is possible to kill him before he gets into melee range in a New Game.
- Equip the Thief's Ring and stand just on the red carpet at the top of the stairs near the start of the bridge, scope in with your bow and fire a shot at him from there. If you remain still, he'll run at you, but as soon as he gets halfway across the bridge he'll turn around and walk back to his post. At this point you can fire at him again and wait for him to run halfway then return to his post again. Repeat until dead.
Ostrava, of Boletaria (Black Phantom) Drops.
Ostrava, of Boletaria (Black Phantom) Notes and Tips:
- Notes and tips go here.
- For the Npc, check Ostrava, of Boletaria