|Enemy Type||Basic Melee|
|Weakness||All Damage types|
Dregling is an Enemy in Demon's Souls. Enemies have their own behavior and unique attacks, killing enemies provide various drops that reward players with items and souls that can be useful for the player's adventure.
They are weak, zombie-like enemies. Dreglings are the first enemy the player encounters. They are weak and give correspondingly low souls. Although they wield shields, they almost never use them.
They often wait to ambush the player in tight or hidden places, surprising less wary players. They are observant and can easily detect the player unless they're moving slowly.
- At a certain range, the dregling will lunge forward, plunging its broken sword to its lower left. It will take a slight pause and then start swinging wildly without re-targeting the player. Striking the dregling while its in mid-air will deal it additional damage.
- The dregling pulls its right hand back and takes two steps forwards, swinging its sword twice horizontally.
- A piercing heavy attack. The dregling begins by gripping its sword with both hands and then thrusts it forward.
- These guys are the first enemies encountered. They will run at the player, lunge and start swinging. It is quite easy to get behind them for a backstab when out in the open. They are very weak, and rarely use their shields (even if they have one).
- Two-handing a weapon should be killed within a few hits. They can and will ambush the player in tight places, often removing the possibility of a backstab. The "fire sword" variety does additional damage, which will bypass many shields. The black phantom variety does more damage still, however they move at the same pace, and follow the same tactics, and should be easily dispatched.
Notes & Trivia
- Other notes, tips, and trivia go here.