Demon's Souls Wiki Guide: All weapons, armor, classes, items, locations, secrets, gestures, walkthroughs, boss guides, builds and maps. Everything you need to know about Demon's Souls Remake
Elden Ring is FromSoftware's new RPG - find out more on the Elden Ring Wiki
Demon's Souls Remake Changes
- Two performance modes: Players can choose cinematic mode which offers native 4K with 30 fps, or performance mode offering 4K with 60 fps for “smoother animation”.
- Character and enemy models have been reworked
- The Remake version will feature a new weapon called Reaper Scythe, as part of the Pre-order bonus. There are also other weapons, items and armor that are not in the original
- The Remake is also enhancing the Online experience, bringing the multiplayer number from 4 players to 6 players, similarly to what was done with the Dark Souls Remaster.
- Carry Capacity: Another key change will be encumbrance, in the original the amount of healing grass consumables a player could carry were in the hundreds, with no real punishment. However in the remake it will limit the supply available, as well as more powerful versions such a Full Moon Grass, will weigh more than the less potent versions. This means you’re going to think twice about how much you keep in your inventory especially when to comes to PVP, giving more balance to fights.
- Fasting Loading Times: The experience of playing on a brand new console will mean a different experience when it comes loading times. PS5 boasts faster loading time with the use of SSD, Moore ensure you will “no longer have to wait three minutes for the game to load after you’ve died,” meaning you can jump right back in it and alleviate at least some of the frustration when it comes to dying. Moore shared in an interview with Gamespot that there is now “instantaneous loading from the nexus into a level”.
New haptic feedback from the DualSense controller, this gives a whole new experience as you gain new visual, audio and feel to the game: "when you do a parry, you feel it in your hands before you kind of visually see it, and it’s that split-second reaction time, it gives you that little edge that you need, that can actually make the game slightly easier than people think"
- New Photo Mode: The game features a photo mode with many different filters
- Original soundtrack was recorded digitally only, so the remake rerecorded the soundtrack with a full orchestra consisting of 120 members, with a score by Shunsuke Kida. There was also a full choir, complete with pipe organ.
- Pure Bladestone drop rate has been adjusted.
- Omnidirectional rolling: One improvement that gets a modern update is the addition of omnidirectional moves, players can roll in eight directions oppose to the original four. This will change a lot to how players handle situations, and adds a “quality-of-life improvements to the game that people expect.”
- New Difficulty: While there isn’t levels of difficulty, you can still face a further challenge by taking on Fractured Mode. This mode will throw your world a little chaos by mirroring the world and reversing the map.
Demon's Souls is an IP developed by Sony & Fromsoftware, that brought back the medieval setting of the King's Field series. Announced as a Playstation 3 exclusive at TGS 2008, the game bought Fromsoftware & Sony Japan studios
The game is an Action RPG with focus on strategic combat choices, offering melee and ranged mechanics as well as magic gameplay. Featuring character customization, online components and deep RPG concepts, the game kickstarted a new genre, referred to as "Soulsborne" series.
Demon's Souls Gameplay Concepts
We have five key criteria on which the difficulty level is judged. We want any player to be able to clear any obstacle simply by learning from mistakes and paying close attention. Then, the reasons for failure must always be clear and understandable. Every problem must have multiple solutions, so that players can tackle it whichever way they want. The game’s controls can never be a factor from which difficulty is derived. And finally, we want to make sure that there’s the possibility for miracles to happen; those magical moments that spread stories outside of the confines of the game world.