Controls for Demon's Souls features the input methods for the player to interact with the game. Listed below are details on the default configuration for the PlayStation®5 as well as the controls for the original that was released for the PlayStation®3.
Demon's Souls Controls
PS5 Controls Go here
Click the image to enlarge.
- L2: Parry with a small shield and or left-hand weapon, Attack with large shields and some left-hand weapon, Aim while using a bow
- R2: Heavy attack with the right-hand weapon.
- L1: Block with a shield in the left hand. Cast equipped Magic Spell or Miracle with a Catalyst or Talisman equipped.
- R1: Light attack with a right-hand weapon, Rolling attack after Rolling, Running attack after Running.
- R3: Lock/Unlock on Target
- Up(Dpad): Cycle through memorized Magic Spells or Miracles.
- Left(Dpad): Switch between two Left-Hand Weapons or Shields.
- Right(Dpad): Switch between two Right-Hand Weapons or Shields.
- Down(Dpad): Cycle through equipped Items.
- Left Analog Stick: Player movement.
- Right Analog Stick: Camera Movement.
- Select Button: Write or rate messages for other players.
- Start Button: Open the in-game menu.
- Triangle: Switch between One-handed or Two-handed.
- Square: Use the currently selected item.
- Circle: Backstep, Roll, Sprint.
- X: Interact with NPCs and Environmental Objects.