|Usage||Used to upgrade equipment|
Faintstone Shard (or Shard of Faintstone) is an Upgrades found in Demon's Souls and Demon's Souls Remake. Upgrade Materials are items that are used to strengthen the statistical value and to increase the effect of a certain piece of equipment.
Cold, holy ore that shines dimly. Enhances straight swords, axes, hammers, and so on.
The faintstone's power will also cause the user of a weapon blessed with it to slowly regenerate HP. Weapons can be strengthened by Faintstone up to a maximum of level 5.
Faintstone Shard Location:
- Dropped by Depraved One in the Swamp of Sorrow.
Video Location: Shown in our walkthrough video at 54:31. Click here to watch it
- Dropped by Crystal Lizard in Depraved Chasm. Across the bridge, next to the Rat's nest.
- Can be bought from the Filthy Woman for in the Swamp of Sorrow.
- Can be traded to Sparkly the Crow for x5 Archstone Shard in Island's Edge.
- Video Location: Shown in our walkthrough video at 11:22. Click here to watch it
Faintstone Shard Compatible Weapons
Faintstone Shard Notes and Tips
- Start at Rotting Haven Archstone
- Turn-around and run straight out of boss fog gate at a Shaman with its back to you. Backstab. Collect.
- Turn to your right and run to end of platform and up ramp to your right to second Shaman. Dispatch. Collect.
- Evacuate. Rinse. Repeat.
- Other notes, tips, & trivia go here
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
Ughhh farming these things feels like farming for slabs in new Londo. Can't wait for large and chunks haha.
Me: I need a weapon to do magic damage (looks upgrades) oh. Ok. Farming run in 3…2…1… haha. Why? The lava bugs in 2-2 weak to magic but they hold materials for Dragon/fire upgrades. So. Start here.
Making a faith character was so annoying, here I am with a +1 blessed mace 30faith and no other stats, to barely make it through the area required to upgrade faith weapons. ****ing joke.