Filthy Woman is an NPC in Demon's Souls and Demon's Souls Remake. NPCs are the various characters that are encountered by the player throughout their journey. NPCs provide information, others are quest givers, while some are categorized as Merchants and/or Blacksmiths whom you can trade with or request for certain services.
The Filthy Woman is a merchant who sells a variety of items such as consumables, weapons, gear, and materials used for upgrades - she is also the only merchant who sells Rotten Arrows.
Filthy Woman Information
- She is the only vendor that sells Rotten Arrows.
- She is the only vendor that sells Black Turpentine.
- Avoid attracting a Giant Goblin near her, as it will attack her even though your character is far from the Giant Goblin.
- Also avoid bringing a Depraved Shaman near her, as the poison cloud he casts will kill her.
Note on Stone of Ephemeral Eyes
- The actual price varies, it scales in accordance with the player's Soul Level; higher equals more expensive.
- She will only have it listed when the player is in Soul Form, and only one available at a time.
- It will respawn after the player dies while in Body Form (in any of the worlds or in The Nexus).
Filthy Woman Location: Where to Find Filthy Woman
- Can be found at Valley of Defilement near Giant Depraved One.
- Video Location: Shown in our walkthrough video at 12:54. Click here to watch it
- Encountered in the Swamp of Sorrow
- Video Location: Shown in our walkthrough video at 38:08. Click here to watch it
Filthy Woman Merchant's Inventory
|Item Name||Item Type||Purchase Value|
|Late Moon Grass||Consumable||1,000 Souls|
|Full Moon Grass||Consumable||2,000 Souls|
|Dark Moon Grass||Consumable||10,000 Souls|
|Royal Lotus||Consumable||1,000 Souls|
|Widow's Lotus||Consumable||2,000 Souls|
|Black Turpentine||Consumable||1,500 Souls|
|Stone of Ephemeral Eyes||Consumable||Varies (max 50,000)|
|Grass Jelly||Consumable||1,000 Souls|
|War Pick||Weapon||4,000 Souls|
|Talisman of God||Weapon||5,000 Souls|
|Rotten Arrow||Ammunition||400 Souls|
|Shard of Faintstone||Upgrade Material||10,000 Souls|
|Chain Helmet||Armor||2,000 Souls|
|Chain Mail||Armor||4,000 Souls|
|Chain Gloves||Armor||3,000 Souls|
|Hard Leather Boots||Armor||3,000 Souls|
|Mirdan Helmet||Armor||5,000 Souls|
|Mirdan Scale Mail||Armor||15,000 Souls|
|Mirdan Gauntlets||Armor||10,000 Souls|
|Mirdan Leggings||Armor||10,000 Souls|
Filthy Woman Dialogue
First encounter (Valley of Defilement)
- Won’t you buy something? My poor child is hungry.
- You don't deserve to die, so let me give you some advice.
This place is buzzing with pests fattened on a diet of souls.
In order to protect yourself, you must keep a Lotus with you.
The price of survival can never be too high, can it?
- How many years has it been?
That witch Astraea came to this valley with that squid-headed knight.
Those ridiculous white robes of hers…
I swear I caught her glaring at my son in disgust! Yes, yes it's true!
She is as nasty as they come. And she's a Demon to boot! Doesn't surprise me.
Second encounter (Leechmonger Archstone)
- Hey, I know you! Won't you buy something?
My poor child is sick. He needs your help.
- This place? It's a proper mound of rubbish.
All the rot of the world, living or not, ends up here.
I thank the stars that I still have my boy…
- Ever since that Demon witch came here, everything has turned foul.
All the men worship her like she's the Virgin Mary.
The same men who would snatch my child away from me!
This was a much better place before she came. I was the apple of every man's eye.
You’re here to rid us of her, aren't you? Well, don't show her any mercy!
Leaving after buying and returning
- Finished already? I only want my dear boy to be happy.
- Please buy another. For the poor child, for the poor child!
Leaving without buying
- Curses! I wasted my breath on you! Did that witch send you to torment me?!
- Finished already? You wretched penny-pincher. "Just let the children of the poor die," is that it?
Running off and returning
- Don't you just walk away!
- For the love of God… I've had enough humiliation for one lifetime.
- You beast! What are you doing to me?
Even beggars can fight back, you scurvy rat!
Filthy Woman Notes, Tips, and Trivia
- 1. Soul Level 1-10: 1.000 / 11-20: 3.000 / 21-30: 5.000 / 31-40: 10.000 / 41-50: 15.000 / 51-60: 20.000 / >60: 30.000 (guessed values)