Requirements & Bonus
|19 / D||0 / -|
|0 / -||0 / -|
The Hoplite Shield is a Large Shield in Demon's Souls Remake. Large Shields provide a greater value for blocking and protecting one's self from enemy attacks, but their great weight uses more of the player's Equip Burden and may decrease the player's mobility. This type of shield works best at reducing damage or guarding, and cannot be used to parry.
A medium-sized metal shield, specifically designed for Boletarian Legions.
The reinforced center of the shield is ideal against direct attacks. The legions' protective formation was renowned across the kingdom.
Hoplite Shield Acquisition
- Digital Deluxe Edition bonus
- Rare Hoplite drop at Gates of Boletaria 1 - 1 in the stairs on the right before the boss fog and at The Lord's Path 1 - 2 before the bridge.
- Trade Rune Shield to Sparkly the Crow to receive this item.
Hoplite Shield Notes and Tips
- Only available in Demon's Souls Remake.
- Despite the text in its item description, this shield is a Large Shield, not a Standard Shield.
- While it cannot be upgraded, this shield's statistics are identical to a Purple Flame Shield +3, with a lower Strength requirement to wield. If you don't want to spend resources upgrading the Purple Flame Shield, or don't meet its stat requirements, this shield is strictly superior.
- Can be easily farmed from the Hoplites at the very beginning of The Lord's Path 1 - 2, after Phalanx has been defeated.
Videos Related to Hoplite Shield
Hoplite Shield Moveset
Hoplite Shield Upgrades
This Shield can't be upgraded.