Demon's Souls Remake for the PlayStation 5 is the latest rendition of the original PS3 title. Having been entirely rebuilt from the ground up and masterfully enhanced, this remake invites you to experience the unsettling story of Boletaria and the ruthless combat of Demon's Souls with stunning visuals and incredible performance.
Demon's Souls Remake Information
Demon's Souls Remake released date?
The Demon's Souls Remake released on Nov 12, 2020. Some regions got the release on November 19th, 2020.
On which platform is it available?
Demon's Souls Remake is a Playstation 5 exclusive. Sony has made it clear that the hint about availability on PC and other consoles during the release date trailer was simply a mistake. Right now, Demon's Souls Remake is only available on PS5.
What's different in Remake?
- The Trophies for the remake are different from the original.
- Several items have been renamed. For example: "Shard of Hardstone" is now "Hardstone Shard"
- Locations inside Archstones have been given individual names.
- Two performance modes: players can choose "cinematic mode" which offers native 4K with 30 fps, or "performance mode" offering 4K with 60 fps for “smoother animation”.
- Character and enemy models have been reworked.
- The music of Demon's Souls has been re-recorded with an orchestra.
- The Remake features a new weapon, called Reaper Scythe, as part of the Pre-order bonus. There are also other weapons, items, and armor that are not in the original.
- The Remake is also enhancing the Online experience, bringing the multiplayer number from 4 players to 6 players, similarly to what was done with the Dark Souls Remaster.
- Carry Capacity: another key change will be encumbrance, in the original the amount of healing grass consumables a player could carry were in the hundreds, with no real punishment. However the remake will limit the supply available, as well as more powerful versions such a Full Moon Grass, that will weigh more than the less potent versions. This means you’re going to think twice about how much you keep in your inventory, especially when to comes to PVP, giving more balance to fights.
- Faster Loading Times: the experience of playing on a brand new console will mean a different experience when it comes loading times. PS5 boasts faster loading time with the use of SSD, Moore ensure you will “no longer have to wait three minutes for the game to load after you’ve died,” meaning you can jump right back in it and alleviate at least some of the frustration when it comes to dying. Moore shared in an interview with Gamespot that there is now “instantaneous loading from the nexus into a level”.
New haptic feedback from the DualSense controller, this gives a whole new experience as you gain new visual, audio and feel to the game: "when you do a parry, you feel it in your hands before you kind of visually see it, and it’s that split-second reaction time, it gives you that little edge that you need, that can actually make the game slightly easier than people think"
- New Photo Mode: the game features a photo mode with many different filters. Now you can change the game to be greener, darker and just less cluttered you can switch over the filters seamlessly, and they are also adding a ton of other filters. The Photo Mode will work as long as you're not in multiplayer and will allow you to pause the game and control over your screenshots.
- The game's camera collision angle has a fix available or you can play original camera mode. Each weapon type has a unique animation, but this is merely cosmetic and does not change the speed of the attacks.
- Bosses and enemies may break environmental props, also this is merely cosmetic.
- Original soundtrack was recorded digitally only, so the remake rerecorded the soundtrack with a full orchestra consisting of 120 members, with a score by Shunsuke Kida. There was also a full choir, complete with pipe organ.
- Pure Bladestone drop rate has been adjusted.
- Omnidirectional rolling: players can roll in eight directions, as opposed to the original four. This will change a lot to how players handle situations, and adds a “quality-of-life improvements to the game that people expect.”
- Fractured Mode: this mode will throw your world into chaos by mirroring the Location and reversing the map. This new game options can be found in The Nexus, at the statue underneath the two upper archstones. Here, you can offer 25,000 souls to unlock menus for customizing your character, seek forgiveness, or activate the Fractured Mode. This game mode flips the entire game horizontally, meaning that you can play each map in reverse. You will also be able to pay a certain amount of Souls to store your character here, allowing you to swap characters in and out of the world.
- There is a new secret locked door in the Tower Knight Archstone (1-3) at the opposite end of the courtyard, hidden at the end of the hallway behind an illusionary wall. To open the door, you need to farm a total of 26 Ceramic Coins, and trade all 26 coins at the same time to Sparkly the Crow; she will give you a Rusted Key in exchange.
This key is what you need in order to open the door. The ceramic coins are scattered around every archstone, but they can only be found in Pure White World Tendency or Pure Black World Tendency. The locations of the coins in Pure White World Tendency are different from the ones in Pure Black World Tendency.
Is there Demon's Souls DLC?
The remake will NOT include the 6th broken archstone. The Demon's Souls Remake only features the 5 known Archstones of the original game. So far, new items have been confirmed via the Digital Deluxe Edition. The Demon's Souls Digital Deluxe Edition, available to pre-order today at PlayStation Store for $89.99 / €99.99, includes the full game and additional in-game digital content to prepare you for the ultimate challenge, including:
- Original Soundtrack
- Legendary Hero Soul
- Renowned Warrior Soul
- Storied Warrior Soul
- Red-Eye Knight Armor (NEW!)
- Boletarian Royalty Armor (NEW!)
- Ritual Blade (NEW!)
- Hoplite Shield (NEW!)
- Ring of Longevity (NEW!)
- Preservation Grains (NEW!)
- Phosphorescent Grains (NEW!)
- Bearbug Grains (NEW!)
- Large Hardstone Shard
- Moonlightstone Shard
- Blue-Eye Knight Set
- Official's Set
- Burrower's Set
- Rusted Key (NEW!), used to open the Secret Door.
- Penetrator's Set (NEW!)
Also, if you pre-order any edition from PlayStation Store, you will receive Reaper Scythe weapon, once wielded by sorcerers who commanded the spirits of the dead. The Reaper Scythe is a pole weapon with a curved blade on one end that is so sharp that they say it can sever your soul from your body. It can mow down many targets in a single blow, but is difficult to handle and requires both strength and dexterity to use.
New Items & Renaming
With the release of the new version, new Weapons, Armor and Consumables have been added to the game. These are exclusive to the Demon's Souls Remake.
Besides the new items added to the game, there has also been many names that have been changed from the original.
For example, the Tower Knight dropped Iron Demon's Soul in the original game. In the Demon's Souls Remake it has been renamed as Iron Demon Soul.
The change does not affect how the items interact or are used in comparison with their original counterparts.
I have a question on the first stage one to one I was trying to get it back to pure white but I killed the dragons and the tower night so how can I get it back to pure white
This page is essentially useless then. The differences between versions is in the games description. Disappointed with the lack of information for such an epic flagship game.
I have a question when I put the blue eye stone I came like a red one . Why I can help people?can anyone explain how can I help someone by blue eye stone.
I am looking for someone to invade me in world 5 - Valley of Defilement and let me kill them a few times so I can get the world tendency to pure white so I can get those particular items. Please and thank you.
I found out that if you die in the Remake and then instantly go to the PS5 menu, press the option button while the game is selected, quit the game completely and reboot the game, it will be, like the death never happened. You restart near the point you died (for example right before the fog gate, if you died from a boss), will still have human form if you died in human form, you get the items back that you used between the restart and death point and no change in tendency from the death.
Looking for someone to play online with. not connecting at all with any players. Thinking of trying the password option with a willing player. My psn Id BOSSPJC
Did they fix the blueblood sword light weapon build? lol i was murdering people with that and firestorm even through their shields on ps3.
But can you still use a “cracked” talisman of beasts with cursed weapon? I’m sure that’s what we’re all wondering
Add: To get Yuria in the remake you now have to equip the full fat official's set contrary to just the cap in the original game.
Glad they added fat official’s full set. Gonna walk around chilling in a bloodborne-like armor!
sony suc pp, make me buy console just for dis fuk.
fuk u scalpers for makin it hard to get a ps5
WHY PS EXCLUSIVE :C
New weapon. Yay