|Scaling & Requirements|
Talisman of Beasts is a Talisman Weapon in Demon's Souls. Talismans allow the user to cast Miracles, support Spells that generally aid one's self and allies rather than harming enemies. In particular, however, Talisman of Beasts allows the user to cast all Spells - not just Miracles.
An old wooden amulet featuring a symbolic depiction of the Old One. Can be used to cast both miracles and magic.
What was considered a depiction of God was in fact an image of the Old One, portrayed as a force of feral chaos.
How To Obtain
- Reward: Mephistopheles quest line, when tasked to kill Ostrava, of Boletaria. Report back to receive it.
- Drop: Scirvir, the Wanderer Black Phantom (2-2).
Notes & Tips
- Cannot be upgraded.
- Talisman of Beasts' ability to use both Magic Spells and Miracles would have presumably been special, had there not been only 2 Talismans in the entire game.
- Along with its incredible versatility, it also has the second-highest Magic Spell power in the game - losing only to the Insanity Catalyst. (Unless you have 35+ in both Magic and Faith, where Talisman of Beasts actually overpowers it. This means spending twice the skill points to reach the same power, however.)
- However not meeting stat requirements (faith and magic) with this talisman is also very useful as it will cause it to be "cracked". In this state the Cursed Weapon's HP-draining effect will be reduced from 1% HP per second, to 1 HP per second. It also benefits the best from non-scaling spells such as Second Chance and Warding. (Spells that do scale would be far too weak because of low stats.)