Black Eye Stone
|Usage||Allows players in Soul form to invade other worlds as a Black Phantom|
Black Eye Stone is an Eye Stone in Demon's Souls and Demon's Souls Remake. Eye Stones are consumable items that are used for multi-player situations. These can be used from the consumables inventory or if it is equipped to you quick use slots.
An eye stone you stole from a Black Phantom. Proof of a corrupted human. When you die and enter Soul form, use this item to invade another world. (This can only be used in Soul form.) When you enter another world, you become a Black Phantom. If you can defeat the warrior in that world, you will resurrect with your body.
Black Eye Stone Location: Where to Find Black Eye Stone
- Dropped by the first non-named Black Phantom NPC killed by the player, provided the phantom does not die by falling into an unreachable area (such as the elevator shaft in 2-2).
- This includes the Great Club Black Phantoms in 2-2, the Baby's Nail Black Phantom in 3-1, the Uchigatana Black Phantom in 4-2 and the Meat Cleaver Black Phantom in 5-2.
- The Uchigatana Black Phantom can be killed relatively early using a bow and the Thief Ring (provided you have a way to kill Adjudicator) and the Great Club Black Phantoms can be killed by luring them onto the nearby elevator and activating it. Usually, one of the phantoms will survive the elevator trip to the top and will have their AI break as it tries to calculate a route back to the bottom of the elevator - use this time to pick them off with a bow or spells.
- Video Location: Shown in our walkthrough video at 1:02:20. Click here to watch it
Black Eye Stone Notes and Tips
- To use the stone, players must be in soul form and in an area that allows Black Eye Stone.
- Needs to be at the same level range in order to be summoned.
- Black Eye Stone allows the player to invade a random host for PvP.
- This particular Eye Stone allows the player to invade another player's game world as a Black Phantom. If you kill the other player, you will regain your body in your own world. There is no longer a soul level penalty for falling off a cliff or dying from environmental damage, provided you are playing on a patched version of the game.
- The Black Eye Stone does not have any effects on the World Tendency of the person using it, regardless of the outcome when invading.
- The Black Eye Stone, unlike the other Eye Stones, uses two different formulae to find the highest and lowest levels of its range. At the highest, an invader still has to be 2 levels lower than the host. This means that a level 100 host can be invaded by levels 78 through 98. On the other hand, at the lowes levelst, a host can be invaded by someone who is -(12 + 10% of their level).
- You can use Summon Range Calculator to determine if players can connect with each other in Online play.