Tower of Latria is a Location in Demon's Souls. Latria, land of the queens ivory tower. An old man took revenge on the Queen by locking her family in a prison with inhuman guards. All that escapes the place are the prisoners' cries.
[video goes here]
[map goes here]
- Stone of Ephemeral Eyes x5
- Shard of Moonlightstone x2
- Chunk of Moonlightstone x3
- Shard of Mercurystone x2
- Chunk of Mercurystone x2
- Secret Dagger
- Parrying Dagger
- Geri's Stiletto
- Mercury Rapier +1
- Phosphorescent Pole
- Heavy Crossbow
- Wooden Catalyst
- Silver Catalyst
- Kite Shield
- Ring of Magical Sharpness
- Clever Rat's Ring
- Dull Rat's Ring
- Assassin's Mask
- Black Leather
- Black Gloves
- Black Boots
- Fluted Helmet
- Fluted Armor Fluted Gauntlets
- Fluted Leggings
- Rogue's Clothes
- Rogue's Gloves
- Rogue's Boots
- Three-Cornered Hat
- Venerable Sage's Hood
- Venerable Sage's Robe
- Venerable Sage's Gloves
- Venerable Sage's Boots
- Wizard's Clothes
- Wizard's Gloves
- Wizard's Shoes
- Silver Coronet
- Silver Bracelet
World Tendency Events
- 2F West, path previously blocked by debris is accessible now. Pure White World Tendency required.
- 2F West, Lord Rydell can be rescued if you have the key from 3-2 (see below). The reward is a Dull Rat's Ring.
- Unlocking his cell is not dependent on World Tendency, but getting the key from 3-2 is. If you unlock his empty cell during Pure Black World Tendency, he will stay inside until you talk to him, after this the World Tendency shifts back towards White.
- Rescuing Rydell has no effect on his Black Phantom form. Remember that Latria's Archstone will be darker due to its position at the back of the screen, so suicide in Body Form one more time to ensure Pure Black when going for his BP form.
- Drops nothing if killed, unless he's killed before he gives the Dull Rat's Ring.
- Prison of Hope, 2F East is accessible after you free Rydell, and let him live.
- Black Phantom Lord Rydell is standing outside of his cell on the landing. He drops a Phosphorescent Pole when killed. Pure Black World Tendency required.
- He will appear whether you have freed him or not.
- Black Phantom Mind Flayer outside the door on 1F behind the Prisoner Horde enemy, towards Ballista.
- Black Phantom Mind Flayer in the room where the two warden's corridors come together at the exit door.
- Black Phantom Mind Flayer on the open path between the warden's corridor exit and the first tower.
Full Tower of Latria Walkthrough
The Tower of Latria is a labyrinth of cells and keys, so be ready for a challenge. To go through this level, you will have to get keys to open closed gates until you reach the boss. This means you will likely have to go in one direction and then backtrack after you have obtained the keys. You should see the map carefully, and notice the many dead ends and pitfalls (marked as blue lines in the map) that can kill you. It is hard to see because Latria is very dark, so walk slowly and watch your step.
As you enter the area, you should first be aware of the Mind Flayer that patrols the passages. These enemies can be very dangerous: they will attack you with a paralyzing spell, and then rush forward and deal great damage with a soul-sucking spell. They also have the soul arrow ranged spell, which can be very bad if your magic defense is low.
To start you should wear the thief's ring, and then carefully go left (giving your back to the archstone). Your objective is the set of keys of the 3rd Floor, which can be located on the map: they are propped up against walls so investigate the area marked.
As you walk, you will notice crazed prisoners locked up in cells. You should not open the cells unless there is an item in there that you want, or they will mob you and get on your way when you are trying to fight the Mind Flayer.
You will hear the Mind Flayer approaching, they make a sound with their bells. The best way to deal with them is to have the "Anti-Magic Field" miracle, but I will assume you don`t have that yet. Ranged attacks work best. The Octopus has little magic resistance, so you can use ranged fire spells and kill them without giving them a chance to get close. You should use the pillars as cover if they are around the corner. Melee attacks are not a good idea, as they will likely paralyze you. If you have very high vitality, however, you can take the hit and then counter after they have done their soul-sucking attack.
Whatever way you deal with them, once you get the second set of keys, you can go back to the start point and open the locked door to go to the stairs. Once you are through the door, touch the first fog and go up to the 4th floor. Your objective as you go through this floor is to get to the 4th Floor keys. The keys are in an area in the map where some crazed prisoners will attack you with poisoned knives, so make sure to carry some Lotus to heal yourself.
Once you have gotten the Keys, backtrack to the area that has the locked door and open it. You can use the outside passage to get to the other side of the 4th Floor. You will hear a singing voice, it is the Once Royal Mistress, who will act as your vendor for this part of Latria. You can talk to her and learn about the "Church Goddess" as well. Once you have stocked up on whatever items you need, make your way to the stairways.
Go down the stairs and you are now on the 3rd Floor, and close by is point 3: You can see Sage Freke inside a cell. You cannot save him yet, so continue back to the stairs and look for a very narrow passage of stairs going down.
- Continue through the level until you reach an area with a ballista that shoots constantly. Walk towards the area where the arrows are falling, get very close, but don`t go into it: there is a body right at the edge of the ballista's reach area that has the jailor`s key, take it.
- Backtrack to floor 2.5 (The one with the too doors you could not open before, it looks like a passageway of sorts): now you can open those doors. There will be two Octopus magicians, take them out and continue along until you get to the back of the ballista, and press circle to deactivate it from behind.
- Now give your back to the machine, and proceed through the door into the tower to your right all the way up the stairs and on the beam up, until you reach a guy that says he means you "no harm". Kill him, and take the key that rests on the wall behind him.
- Now you can go back to almost the start, to the 3rd floor and rescue Freke.
This is a mid-level floor, and you do not yet have the keys to open the gates towards point E, so for now, pick up the keys of the 1st Floor and go to the other side of the floor, and use the stairway down.
You are now on the 2nd Floor. Keep walking. You will hear someone complaining as you approach, it is Lord Rydell, who is dead but trapped inside a cell and will ask you to free him. If the world is Pure White Tendency, you will be able to get the items behind the debris on the opposite side of Rydell`s cell. If the world is Pure Black Tendency, Rydell will be a Black Phantom and attack you.
- World tendency must be black, neutral, or pure white. Rydell is in a cell on the second floor.
- Go to 3-2, and do the level until you get to the first tower with worshipping slaves. (Basically, go straight, left up the stairs in the first big structure, left on the first walkway you see, and again up the stairs on the next tower). After you kill them, look for a very narrow set of stairs that circles up to the very top of that tower: the key is in a body there.
- Go back to the nexus and back to 3-1, Go to the 2nd floor and open Rydell`s cell. He will give you a dull rat`s ring. Saving him will unlock the locked door on 2nd Floor.
- The world tendency must be Pure Black.
- Rydell will not be on his cell, he will be a Black Phantom. It is hard to kill him because it is so narrow, but if you do it, you will get the Phosphorescent Pole, which you need in order to get the Soldier`s trophy.
Go down the stairs to get to the 1st Floor. Use the Keys that you got on Floor 2.5 to open this gate. When you go through, you should notice that there is a rather strange enemy close to the "Old Spice x3" item. This enemy will shoot very powerful soul arrows at you, and if you get close, it will attack you with its numerous arms. It is best to find something to block the soul arrow and take him off from a distance, popping in and out of cover. Once he is defeated, you can loot the area and get the Crystal Gecko for some Splinters of Moonlightstone. Be careful with the deadly falls around!
Now go towards point H and go outside, walk around to get some items, and don`t be scared to walk on the outer beams of the structure to get the MERCURY RAPIER +1. Go back inside, look for the exit and walk forward until you are almost on the deadly range of the Ballista. You will find the Jailor`s key laying right before the arrows. Pick it up and go back to Floor 2.5.
Use the Jailor`s Keys to open the gates here and kill x2 Mind Flayer. You will walk towards a tower and then see a spiral staircase. You can go all the way up and then through the exit, to eventually find the SILVER CATALYST and a vendor. Once that is done, go back to the ground level and exit the tower on the other side. You will now be behind the Ballista. Use the lever to stop the machine and then loot the bridge.
Now go to the other tower. Walk all the way to point L, go inside. You will see the keys to free Sage Freke in a wall behind the "Puppet Master". This guy claims to be harmless but if you do not kill him you cannot proceed to the next level, so kill him and go back to ground level to get ready for the boss.
You can now go to rescue Sage Freke or continue searching. Be careful of a Black Phantom that spawns in this area. She has a crossbow and is invisible, so keep your shield up to avoid a nasty surprise. When you are ready, go through the fog.
In order to defeat this boss, we recommend the player to have the following:
- Total Protection
- Ranged Magic Spell
- Strong Melee Weapon
- Magic Defense Ring
- Full Moon Grass
When you first enter the church the Demon will ignore you. Use this time to kill all the worshippers to avoid them bothering you, then find refuge behind the pillars. To kill the Demon, you should first note that even if you kill her doppelgangers you do not get her health down, so you should first learn to recognize the real Demon.
The real one is the one that throws the "paralyze" magic at you, whilst the others will use different things.
Ranged magic is the best bet to deplete her HP but do not equip the Magical Sharpness ring or you will take more damage than necessary from each attack. Use the pillars to hide whilst you seek for the real one, then shoot a ranged magic attack at her. You can get 3 shots in before she goes away. Alternatively, you can shoot one magic/arrow and then close in to get 1 or 2 melee blows.
After defeating the boss, to continue to the next level, you have to approach the altar. Some Gargoyles will pick you up and drop you at the top of the tower, next to the Archstone. Once you are up near the Archstone you will get the Doll Demon's Soul.
- Note: The Unique weapon BABY`S NAIL is here behind the altar. To get it, you have to very carefully approach the altar from the side, but looking towards the wall. Move slowly towards the shining item, but always facing the outer walls, and you can then pick it up. Otherwise, the gargoyles will get you.
[video goes here]
[map goes here]
Trivia & Notes:Trivia and notes go here.