|Requirements & Bonus|
|Weapon Type||Large Sword|
The Storm Ruler is a Large Sword Weapon in Demon's Souls and Demon's Souls Remake. Large Swords are usually held with both hands and are capable of inflicting a huge amount of damage towards hostile characters but are slow, making the player vulnerable to fast enemy attacks.
A large sword with a thorny, spiraled blade. Now abandoned and most of it's power lost, it seems that it once dominated foes, but in an area with ancestral spirits or a monolith forest, you may be able to see it's past sky-cutting power.
The Storm Ruler Location: Where to Find The Storm Ruler
- There is only one chance to obtain this sword per play through.
- When you enter Altar of Storms to fight the Storm King, turn to your right and follow the path downhill towards where all the Storm Beast are flying.
- If you bear left before you approach the ruined building you will enter a flat area with rubble of broken monuments.
- Towards the center there are 2 Crystal Lizards, and to their left, you will see a weapon stuck into the earth. That is the Storm Ruler. If you wish to grab it to fight the boss and enemies here, you will have to evade their attacks as you run to collect it (the Thief's Ring will help), and you will probably startle and scare off the lizards.
Video Location: Shown in our walkthrough video at 32:05. Click here to watch it
The Storm Ruler Notes and Tips
- Unlocks special attack in the Storm King boss fight
- Does not do very high damage and has an extremely low durability
- Has a knockdown effect on all horizontal swings
- It has the lowest stat requirements of any item in the game.
The Storm Ruler Moveset
|One-handed R1||Horizontal cuts|
|One-handed R2||Downward chop|
|Two-handed R1||Horizontal cuts|
|Two-handed R2||Downward chop|
|Running/Backstep attack||Charging chop|
|Rolling attack||Low sweeping attack|
|One-handed L2||Horizontal cut|
Stormruler General Information
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
why won’t this hit? Storm king right above me but won’t take damage
I wish you could upgrade this so that in NG+ and beyond, it only takes 1 shot to kill the flying mantas in 4-3.
is it good for pve?
Long may the sun sh- wait wrong game.
I have a low level character and the first thing I did was run to get this sword. Then I tossed on the grave robbers ring and thief ring and undressed my character. I... I find places to stand still while in body form. I don’t move regardless how close they get... I ... I’m a bad person. I set little mousetraps for mice. Then the little mice fly to heaven but they don’t have wings so they can’t fly!
Rain, rain, go away. Come again when I have the Storm Ruler.
It’s going, going, gone! Home run!
More like meme ruler
ah yhorm, old friend...
I ran up to this with my Item Load too high...it turned it into a dropped item and I died trying to drop random items...and then it disappeared from my game. So watch out for that!
much like stormruler in ds3