Filthy Man is an NPC in Demon's Souls and Demon's Souls Remake. NPCs are the various characters that are encountered by the player throughout their journey. NPCs provide information, others are quest givers, while some are categorized as Merchants and/or Blacksmiths whom you can trade with or request for certain services.
The Filthy Man is a merchant who sell items that provide restoring properties, as well as basic materials used for upgrading the player's equipment.
Filthy Man Information
- Sells Shards of Hardstone and Sharpstone (both places)
- Sells Large Hardstone and Sharpstone Shards (Armor Spider Archstone only)
- Sells Shards of Clearstone and Dragonstone (Armor Spider Archstone only)
Filthy Man Location: Where to Find Filthy Man
- Can be found at Stonefang Tunnel (2 - 1), near Archestone.
Video Location: Shown in our walkthrough video N7 at 1:03. Click here to watch it.
- Can be found at Tunnel City (2 - 2), sitting on a pile of dirt in the area where you found Patches, the Hyena.
Video Location: Shown in our walkthrough video N7 at 22:50. Click here to watch it.
Filthy Man Merchant's Inventory
Items that are added when you reach the Armor Spider Archstone:
- Large Sharpstone Shard
- Shard of Clearstone
- Shard of Greystone (NG+ only)
- Shard of Dragonstone
- Large Hardstone Shard
|Item Name||Item Type||Purchase Value|
|Crescent Moon Grass||Consumable||150 Souls|
|Ed's Grindstone||Consumable||2,000 Souls|
|Shard of Hardstone||Upgrade Material||500 Souls|
|Shard of Sharpstone||Upgrade Material||500 Souls|
|Large Sharpstone Shard||Upgrade Material||1,500 Souls|
|Shard of Clearstone||Upgrade Material||3,000 Souls|
|Shard of Greystone||Upgrade Material||3,000 Souls|
|Shard of Dragonstone||Upgrade Material||3,000 Souls|
|Large Hardstone Shard||Upgrade Material||1,500 Souls|
Filthy Man Dialogue
First encounter (Stonefang Tunnel)
- Heh heh heh, Hello there! Souls, souls! I trade fine goods for souls!
- Our little town? Well, heh heh… It's a nice wee place. All those lizard-eyed townsfolk are busy tinkering with stone, and don't bother with old men like meself. akes life rather easy for me. I can get away with anything! Heh heh heh heh.
Thank you, Lord, for this golden opportunity! Heh heh heh.
- Have you heard about that sparkling lizard? He's not easy to catch, but he's got some fine stones. And I know where his nest is! Oh, I'm sorry, I can't give it away! Heh heh heh heh!
Second encounter (Armor Spider Archstone)
- Heh heh heh, remember me? I've got plenty o' wares, so bring me plenty o' souls!
- Heh heh heh, have you heard? Deep below this mine, there's a dragon shrine filled with dragon bones. Well, according to little Scirvir, anyway. I'm not about to go and find out. Those bearbugs scare the living daylights out of me!
When approaching again:
- Heh heh heh, hello. Here to make a deal?
Leaving without buying:
- Yer want to play, well, you've got to pay. Don't you agree?
- Heh heh heh… Well all right then. Come back when you actually need sometihing!
Leaving after buying:
- Heh heh, hello there. Bless yer souls!
Leaving abruptly and returning
- Where're yer running off to?
- Heh heh heh, stop with yer messing!
- What do you think you are doin? You can't get around me easy, so watch yourself!
Filthy Man Merchant's Inventory Notes, Tips, and Trivia
- Notes and tips goes here...
- Other notes, tips, and trivia go here.