Dregling Merchant is an NPC in Demon's Souls and Demon's Souls Remake. NPCs are the various characters that are encountered by the player throughout their journey. NPCs provide information, others are quest givers, while some are categorized as Merchants and/or Blacksmiths whom you can trade with or request for certain services.
The Dregling Merchant isn't so much related to the plot as he is a helpful vendor in the early game.
Dregling Merchant Information
- Moves from Boletarian Palace to Phalanx Archstone to Tower Knight Archstone as the player proceeds.
- When you beat the Tower Knight you won't be able to access him until you unlock Tower Knight Archstone. (first playthrough)
Dregling Merchant Location: Where to Find Dregling Merchant
Dregling Merchant can be found at:
- Boletarian Palace. At the stairs with a rolling stone on top, after it falls down, go up the stairs and across the bridge. You'll find a fog door on your left in the middle of the bridge. After going through the fog, head down the stairs and into the hall., then turn right at the first corner. You will find Dregling Merchant behind a wooden plank near Ostrava.
- Phalanx Archstone, He's at the end of the lower hallway.
- Inner Ward, on the upper level of a building guarded by Red Eye Knight.
Dregling Merchant's Inventory
Items that are added to the merchant's list after reaching Phalanx Archstone:
Items that are added to the merchant's list after reaching Tower Knight Archstone:
- Full Moon Grass
- Throwing Knife
- Knight Sword
- Crescent Axe
- Knight's Shield
- Large Brushwood Shield
- Heavy Bolt
- Brushwood Set
Dregling Merchant Dialogue
- Good day to you. Care to look over the wares? Mostly stolen, but who's telling, eh?
- Hello. What can I do for you?
- Ah, we meet again. Fancy that. Hope you find something that suits you.
First encounter (Boletarian Palace)
- Be you brave knight or depraved slave, the Demons will snatch your soul, then you'll go mad.
And those who dare cling to their humanity are hunted down.
It is the end of Great Boletaria as we know it.
But hell, at least the Demons don't send us to our deaths in battle! Heh heh heh heh.
- There's this skinny fellow, clad in fabulous armour, who is always mumbling about some mission.
He's another one who's managed to stay sane like yourself.
Probably some pampered son, by the looks of his attire.
I'd give an arm just for the buttons off his shirt!
Second encounter (Phalanx Archstone)
- The giant lizard? One of the kings pets, just like those Demons.
That monster leaves a trail of charred carcasses. Which is great for business, of course!
But unless you're a scavenger like me, you'd better stay clear. Heh heh heh.
Third encounter (Tower Knight Archstone)
- The King? He's gone mad like the rest of them.
Or perhaps he was mad in the first place. I can never tell with those eccentric royal oafs!
Leaving after purchase
- Thanks for that. Come back soon.
Leaving without buying
- Go ahead, take your time. I'm not going anywhere. Heh heh heh.
- Hard times, eh? I'm sure you'll turn things around. Heh heh heh.
Walk away without "Leave"
- Hold it friend! Going so soon?
- Go on. Treat yourself to something.
- I'm not afraid! I'll tear you limb from limb!
Dregling Merchant Notes, Tips, and Trivia
- Note: He will repeat lines 3 and 4 after exhausting his dialogue.
- The Brushwood set is only available if Biorr survives, and leaves the world by himself.
- Note that his inventory only changes after he moves.