Dirty Colossus Archstone is a Location in Demon's Souls. Archstone of the Demon Dirty Colossus
In a swamp infested by poisonous and vile creatures lies a filth-encrusted valley. The poor journey to this rotten place to offer their souls so that they might be freed from their suffering.
- Previous: Leechmonger Archstone
- Next: End Game - Below The Nexus
- Recommended Levels: ?? to ??
- Bosses: Garl Vinland
NPCs in the area
- Bramd (BP Garl Vinland)
- Ring of Sincere Prayer (Maiden Astraea)
- Dark Silver Shield (Garl Vinland)
- Dark Silver Helmet (Garl Vinland)
- Dark Silver Armor (Garl Vinland)
- Dark Silver Manifer (Garl Vinland)
- Dark Silver Leggings (Garl Vinland)
- Stone of Ephemeral Eyes
- Pure Mercurystone
- Pure Suckerstone
- Pure Marrowstone (Pulpstone)
- Example lore note
World Tendency Events
Black Phantom Garl Vinland appears. Pure White World Tendency required.
- No Black World events
Full Dirty Colossus Archstone Walkthrough
When you enter the area, you should see three Depraved Ones that are too pre-occupied to bother with attacking you. Kill them and proceed to the right cliff, where there are several more Depraved Ones and a short wooden walkway. You will have to kill them all because they will eventually turn on you when you Maiden Astraea. Move to the edge of the walkway. From this safe point,
(1) you can shoot arrows at Maiden Astraea without any fear of retaliation. This is the easiest way to kill her, assuming that you can out damage her healing, she will die.
After Astrea dies, Garl Vinland will be pacified will stand with his head lowered, unless you attack him he won't bother attacking you.
You can either fight him, or just load your current game and he will be dead. His armor and shield will be available at his spawning point.
(2) If you kill Garl Vinland first, you can casually walk up to Maiden Astraea and talk to her. She then commits suicide, telling you that she can no longer defend herself and that you can have your precious Demon's Soul. But if you have attacked her instead, she will attack you with the God's Wrath and try to guilt you for attacking her.
(Maps Used With Permission)Dirty Colossus Archstone and fight Black Phantom Garl Vinland, who then drops the weapon, Bramd after defeating Black Phantom Garl Vinland. Also note that if you left Garl Vinland alive, Black Phantom Garl will be in the way of his drops after a reload or revisit.